HUDs Outfit

The reason I posed naked and hairless in the photo is because I am wearing my newest outfit - my Hourglass HUDS outfit. 

 

So, today I made an outfit. Yay me, right? Well, it's not just any outfit. This one is very useful to me even though I will never wear it. It is an outfit with all the HUDs I can think of that I might need. For example, the HUDs for my Catwa head and my Slink body, plus many others. The reason I made this outfit was to allow me to have every HUD I might need readily available and attachable without buying anything and without having to search my inventory at all. 

I made one today for my Hourglass body since I've only had it a short time and I have a lot of new HUDs for this new body. I already have one for my Maitreya body that I have been using daily for about a year now. 

The first thing you want to do is make a list of all the HUDS you need all the time. Some of mine include: my mesh head HUD, my mesh body HUD, color change HUDs for jewelry that I wear all the time, collar, nails, and make up; just anything that you need often. Since I do photography, I even added my Lumipro and Anypose HUDs.

After you have chosen the things that will make up your new outfit, you will need to strip your avatar of everything you don't wear every day. Take off your jewelry, shoes, clothing, hair, and anything else that you don't wear constantly. Leave on your head, alphas, fingernails (unless you change them often), feet, hands, etc. The reason for stripping your avatar down as far as you can is because there are only 38 attachment points. If you leave on all your clothes and hair and jewelry, you leave yourself fewer attachment points for all the HUDs you want to make up your outfit. Remember, you will never wear this outfit again after you save it. You will only be using the saved outfit to grab whatever HUD you need, attach it, use it and detach it again. 

Now then, it's time to start attaching all those HUDs you picked out, all of them. Hopefully amount of HUDS wont exceed the 38 attachment point limit. If you have too many, you will have some decisions to make. Check to see if there is anything else on your avatar that you could take off to free up other attachment points, or you have to decide which HUDs aren't essential and can be left off. 


In this photo you can see I have my outfit tab open to the freshly saved outfit I just made. It is the first one in the list and it has everything I need readily accessible. 


Once you have all the HUDs added, its time to save the outfit. This might be the most important part of this whole process so don't skip it. Save the outfit and name it. When you name it, you must name it something odd that will make it be the very first outfit in your outfit tab.  I named mine !*JoriHUDS*hourglass*. The ! is what sends the saved outfit to the top of the list. It needs to be on the top of the list for convenience sake. If you find that you forgot an item and you still have attachment points available, simply wear your HUDS outfit, attach the HUD you forgot, and save the outfit again. That's it.

I first started using this HUDs outfit because I lag so much in world. It helps to remove all my HUDs, but then I found I needed those HUDs. Pretty soon I was spending all my time searching my inventory for the various HUDS I wanted. Bor-ring! Now I don't have to wear any HUDS to any sim except my AO and I can find any HUD in seconds. 

To use your new outfit, simply open your saved outfits, open the first one -if you did right- and find the HUD(s) that you need, attach, use, and then detach. No muss, no fuss.

I realize there are other ways to accomplish this same thing. I think there are items on the Marketplace for changing HUDs or something. I am unsure. I was not really interested in buying anything. This is how I do it because my inventory is a wreck, and it can be hard to find a specific item sometimes. Other people probably have cleaner, better organized inventories than I do, but if you are one of the ones like me, you might give this a try. I find it super useful personally and I wanted to share just incase others might also find it useful in their SL play. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meow

LOTD: Roadtrip To Nevada

Some Habits Are Worth It, No Matter How Bad They May Be For You